Quiet lodging and a near-empty Glacier National Park are just a couple of the perks of a Montana winter elopement, but consider these five points to know if it's right for you. Photography by Montana Bride Vendor Haley J Photo.
Are you considering a magical Montana winter elopement? With help from Montana Bride Vendor photographer Haley J Photo, we've come up with five key ways to know if a winter elopement is right for you:
1. You and your partner live for the snow. It’s your favorite season. ❄️
2. You have an activity you love doing in the snow, and you want to incorporate that into your elopement experience. This could be downhill skiing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, or ice skating.
3. You're okay with being cold, taking breaks to warm up, and have a strong understanding of your limits.
4. You like quiet places. 98% of people get married in warmer months. That means no crowds for you in the colder months!
5. You enjoy adventure and are open-minded and spontaneous.
Picture this day for your winter elopement:
You and your partner get a room for a few nights at a local lodge. You spend the morning of your elopement day sipping coffee by the fireplace. You elope mid-morning in Glacier National Park while thick fluffy snow is hitting the ground. Then, the two of you head up to Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort for a few ski runs in your wedding attire for some fun photos. Then you come back to town and go to an early dinner at a local restaurant. Lastly, you head back to the lodge and hit the hot tub for the rest of the evening.
Does this sound like a dream day to you? If so, get planning, because winter is on its way!
Floral Design & Styling | Forage & Floral
Dress | Rent the Dress CT
Ring | Susie Saltzman
Venue | Whitefish Mountain Resort